Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What has 6 wheels, 4 feet, 1 motor, and lots of free time?

It's election day, and one topic that is on a lot of people's minds is energy, oil, and clean transportation. What's the solution? Electric vehicles? Car pooling? Bicycles? Skateboards? Randall Munroe and I decided to try all four at once. Here's a quick video of Randy on his electric skateboard holding onto a nylon strap tied to my bike carrying me holding a camera.

This turns out to be an extremely fun, albeit a little bit scary, method of travel. We all have to do our part to conserve energy. If commuting to work this way is what I have to do, well, I'm comfortable with that.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

segway's aint got nuthin on nylon straps.

Harpie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harpie said...

more shots of the bicycle being pulled, where was the sky cam on this one?

Also, you look like a dog with it's head out the window. ...uh...in a good way.... <_< >_>

KitchenGirl said...

Now the kite video!

Relishlife said...

I love the pic of you. Pure Joy.

Kaichu said...

I'm all smiles now =)

le soleil lade said...

Nice bblog thanks for posting